One morning I have a batch of these cookies, finally popped the last pan into the oven and set the timer. Itching outside for a bit and see what the children acts, I went out and got distracted. By the time that I don't forget the cookies in the oven, they had burned and shrunk up on tiny little black hockey pucks - not even the dogs have an interest in them! Well worth it not distract when baking. This was the last straw. I had to be a better way to think.
I came up with a brilliant idea, I use my busy-mom-one method call I until today. Instead of taking the time to all individual cookies from batches would I work with separate cooking (and time distracted), the cookie dough directly onto a greased baking sheet roll it evenly to the edges and bake it as a large cookie. It recommends a baking tray, the three open sides, has to use, because it is easier to maneuver the rolling pin and rolled the cookie evenly. Please also note that may require a little more flour in the dough to the him lift and allow shapes in a rough rectangle to the role. Also a little extra flour over the surface helps roll, to the rolling pin from glue to hold. Try not to add more flour than absolutely necessary, or the cookies will come out harder and denser.
It takes more a few minutes in the oven with a large cookie, but it is perfect. Just watch be golden for the edges and the Center is set. With these cookies, I'm doing even a simple icing, which is only 1 1/2 cups sugar of confectioners, a pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and enough water or milk, a relatively thick consistency (very slowly from the spoon fall) to make. This distributes the hot cookie straight from the oven. The hot cookie warms the icing, make it easy melt and I have spread with the back of the same spoon to mix the icing. I'm all for less cleanup! As soon as the cookie cools that hardens and dries icing and I cut just the large cookie in small bar or square shapes, and voila, cookies in half the time. Two of my favorite recipes for this method were hermits and easy vanilla cookies. If you are a mother, you try this method with any simple cookie dough. The hermit cookies had raisins in them, but the thickness of the dough was not less than the thickness of the raisins, so it still good works.
Easy vanilla cookies
Makes about 7 dozen
1 Cup unsalted butter
2/3 Cup sugar
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Eggs
2 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
Shortening, cream butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and salt. You eggs, one at a time, after each beat well add. You in flour, mix well stirring. Drop from a teaspoon 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Smooth with floured, flat bottomed glass. Bake 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes in an oven. Immediately remove from pan.
This simple vanilla cookies are amazingly good, so a simple recipe. They try it out my word - either as individual cookies or with my busy-mom method.
Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I hope it was informative and helped along your own culinary journey. Find many more recipes and helpful tips on my website. I am harmony of flavours and a recipe or tip on Facebook in A every day to the fans who liked my site. I hope to see you soon there.
No comments:
Post a Comment