After a month of facebook posts, tweets, and blogs dedicated to financial literacy and responsibility, all of us here at Savvy Student would like to leave you with one question...
Are you ready to make the pledge?
With just a few clicks, you can make a promise to ensure a happy and healthy financial future. We hope that you have enjoyed our month of financial literacy education and we hope that you took away at least one useful piece of information.
Your friend and informant,
~Savvy Student
Are you ready to make the pledge?
What do we mean? If you have found any of the information we have provided compelling and you would like to accept responsibility for creating a better financial situation for yourself, you should visit the official Financial Literacy Month website to make the pledge today!
We have listed the criteria below...
We have listed the criteria below...
- I will make informed financial decisions, understanding the difference between wants and needs.
- I will communicate with my family about money matters so that we are all working toward the same goals.
- I will be aware of the effects of advertising on the financial decisions I make, and resolve not to be influenced by them.
- I will take care of my finances today by tracking expenses and creating a budget that is flexible and realistic.
- I will take care of my finances tomorrow by saving for my future.
- I will meet the credit obligations I have made on time and as agreed.
- I will continue my personal education about financial health, budgeting, credit, and personal debt.
- I will plan for periodic expenses, including the next holiday season.
- By good example, I will teach my children the importance of budgeting, saving, and the wise use of credit.
- If I am over-obligated, I will take the necessary steps to seek assistance.
*List of criteria provided by the Financial Literacy Month website.*
With just a few clicks, you can make a promise to ensure a happy and healthy financial future. We hope that you have enjoyed our month of financial literacy education and we hope that you took away at least one useful piece of information.
Your friend and informant,
~Savvy Student
No comments:
Post a Comment